Despite not playing for many months, Serena Williams has topped Forbes’ “Highest-Paid Female Athlete” list for the third consecutive year.
Williams was off the court for the majority of the year last year, but still managed to make more than any other female athlete.
Only 16 male athletes earned more than Williams in sponsorship money over the last 12 months. With this, the sponsors she has received include Nike, Intel, Audemars Piguet, JPMorgan Chase, Lincoln, Gatorade and Beats. She’ll also be launching her first fashion line, Serena, in May.
She is also set to pass Margaret Court’s 24 grand slam title record at this year’s US Open.
Top 10 rankings below:
1) Serena Williams (tennis) — $18.1m
2) Caroline Wozniacki (tennis) — $13m
3) Sloane Stephens (tennis) — $11.2m
4) Garbine Muguruza (tennis) — $11m
5) Maria Sharapova (tennis) — $10.5m
6) Venus Williams (tennis) — $10.2m
7) P. V. Sindhu (badminton) — $8.5m
8) Simona Halep (tennis) — $7.7m
9) Danica Patrick (race car driving) — $7.5m
10) Angelique Kerber (tennis) — $7m